There is an array of services available to students who need them. Below is a list of services on campus or accessible by phone.
- Crisis 24/7 Distress Line (780-482-4357) – provides support to those in distress or considering suicide. They also have online crisis support.
- Mental Health Help Line (24/7): 1-877-303-2642
- Peer Support Centre (2-707 SUB, 780-492-4357) – Information, support and referrals are provided by trained peer volunteers. This can be a great way to talk to other students and get support. Appointments, walk-ins, and phone consultations are welcome
- Counseling and Clinical Services – offers regular workshops that work in anxiety management, mood & wellness, and mindfulness. Get centered and try out their yoga classes!
- University Health Centre (North Campus) – provides a wide range of professional, friendly and compassionate medical services to students and staff, including doctor appointments. They provide walk-in service and are located in 2-200 SUB.
- International Student Services : 780-492-2692 – has advisors available to help answer questions about Canadian culture, interpersonal relationships, student visa, or academic, immigration or financial issues. Example contact person: Nora Lambrecht (780-248-1898; email@example.com)
- Also consider the “Student Success Centre“ at 2-300 SUB (tel: 780-492-2682); e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org